Monday, May 10, 2010

2010 Election Day: Our right to suffrage

The orange-painted yellow ribbon along the freeway in Banilad. 
It was the day of national calling, a call for democracy and to practice ones right to vote. This is the day that Filipinos ones more proved that it is the people has the final say for a politician to stay in its position.

After my shift, I immediately went home just to witness this historical event of  the country. It is also the first time for the Philippines to have an electronic election that most critics are against of. Cebu is one of the provinces in the country that most politicians really do love to campaign, WHY? because Cebu's population is a winning count for them to win.

At the age of 28, I have not practiced my right as a Filipino to vote. For me it was just a mere fact that we only vote because Filipinos wanted to practice the Right to suffrage. I know this sounds antagonistic, but this is reality and is my right not to vote.

Politics is a dirty game, winning for the position is a security NOT an opportunity. If you have the money, you can win BUT if you have the heart to serve, you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment